Friday, April 12, 2019

27A Reading

Thinking, Fast and Slow, Daniel Kahneman

1) What was the general theme or argument of the book?
The general theme of the book was that there are 2 ways your brain works, System1 and System2, and you need to figure out when to use which one. 
2) How did the book, in your opinion, connect with and enhance what you are learning in ENT 3003?
This book enhanced this class because it allowed me to see when I was using System1, which is impulsive automatic action, and when I was using System2, a very conscious thoughtful action. It allowed me to go back and see where I may have used the wrong system and learn from it to use the right one in the future. 

3) If you had to design an exercise for this class, based on the book you read, what would that exercise involve?
An exercise I would implement would be a list of five scenarios and you must pick which system you would to use to solve it and you solution and why you picked that system. 

4) What was your biggest surprise or 'aha' moment when reading the book? In other words, what did you learn that differed most from your expectations?
The biggest surprise was learning about the two systems which I always knew it was how you think, but the way Mr. Kahneman wrote it made it really surprising because it is such a simple concept blown up. 

1 comment:

  1. Hey Sam, I think the you've read is very interesting. I've never read about those specific themes you were talking about, but i will look for the book and read it. However, i have an idea of the conscious and non conscious actions that people do when reacting to something.

    ReplyDelete