Friday, February 1, 2019

8A Solving the Problem

My problem is that there are too many criminals and hackers online who try to exploit the popularity of the internet to scam people and to post fake stuff. I believe that the making of websites and apps and other online enterprises needs to be more secure by going through a screening process of some sort. This would eliminate the issue of people selling fake tickets and scamming them by making them look real online. The regulation has to start at the creation of a site and stay monitoring it.

3 comments:

  1. I do agree that the number of online criminals are constantly growing and it is a reoccurring problem. This reminds me of a story that recently came out in the news about a man selling fake super bowl tickets. The man sold nearly a million dollars worth of fake tickets. He took the money and then disappeared never having the tickets in the first place. I do feel like regulation would be a good place to start but I'm curious on how this will be effective.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I believe that it will be a great idea. This will prevent people from creating fake profile. However, i think that those websites and apps owners will not cooperate because they want to protect their pockets. they will lose a lot of customers who don't want to do such thing in order to open an online account that is not paying money. So that will be a challenge, but nothing is impossible.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with you that there are a ton of scammers online nowadays. My friends and I have been sold fake tickets online several times, unfortunately. I’m curious as to how you think this problem could be eliminated, since the internet is not a regulated place. I think making websites and apps more secure is a great way to start!

    ReplyDelete