Friday, February 22, 2019

14A halfway Reflection

1. The behaviors that I have developed that helped me the most in this class are consistency and scheduling. Taking an online class means you must look at canvas pretty much every day so you must consistently look at canvas. Before this class, when i had online classes I would check canvas like once a week and miss many assignments. The second most important skill is scheduling. If you consistently check canvas you will know when all your assignments are due and you must schedule time to get these assignments done. By combining these two skills you will be very successful in this course.
2. I don't know if I ever felt like giving up, but a couple times I had to use tenacity to finish an assignment when I really just wanted to quit and not do it and just go out and party with my friends. It would be around 10 at night and I would be ready to go out and then see that I had a blog post or a blog comment due and I had to use tenacity to wait 15min and finish my assignment before I went out because that 15 to 20 extra minutes of going out is not worth getting a 0.
3. The three tips that I have for upcoming students is get your work done early and be proactive about it and you won't have to worry about this class at all, if you feel like not doing an assignment do it because these assignments don't take that long and they also help with your writing and thinking skills, and lastly, be tenacious and push through every assignment with your best foot forward because the assignments build upon each other and if you start out weak its going to be harder for you with the later assignments.



 Image result for tenacity

2 comments:

  1. Nice Sam. I have had to schedule out this whole class and when exactly im going to finish assignments in between working 4-5 days a week it is the only way to stay on top in this class. I feel you on not wanting to do assignments when youre friends are ready to go out and you have to make them wait 15- 20 mins to finish something.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's interesting Sam. I think we have some common qualities, but one thing i forgot to mention is the fact that I was not used to take online classes; thus, I was missing a lot of assignments. But, i decided to have a schedule and make it look like I’m actually taking physical classes. That's when my problem was solved.

    ReplyDelete