Friday, March 22, 2019

20A Growing Social Capital

1) One person must be a domain expert in your industry. 
Ricki Diaz - 20yr old - Works for the twenty app on promoting so he knows how to get in contact with app owners which is crucial for my service. He is my friend that is how I know him. I asked him how he got in contact with the twenty app and how he negotiated with them which is useful information I need. 
2) One person must be an expert on your market. 
Sean Connolly- 20yr old - Another one of my friends who is a computer science major and I asked him about making a software for my service that will work on apps. This conversation as my service works on apps and it gave me some insight on the technical side. 
3) One person must be an important supplier to your industry. 
Max Fernandez - 20 yr old - My roommate who works in the service industry. I talked to him about how he interacts with customers and what the customer wants. This conversation helped me figure out how to find out what the customers want and how to display my service to them. 

Finally: Reflect. 
 This experience will help me a lot as I have learned how to strategically network. It helped me find the best way to network when I use networking in the future. This was different than other networking I had done in the past as I strategically made connections other then them coming by chance.

3 comments:

  1. It seems that you have made pretty good connections which can hopefully benefit you later on in the future. It is super important to strategically network so its good that you were able to recognize that. I think you're realizations are great and will really benefit you in the future because of them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks like you learned a lot about strategic networking from this activity. I like how all of your contacts are young, I think it’s easier to connect with people who are around the same age as you. Strategic networking is an extremely valuable skill for an entrepreneur to possess and hopefully this activity will benefit you in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is cool how we all get people that can actually help us achieve our goals. As I mentioned before, two hands wash each other. I believe that if you keep that networking, they will not only help you realize your project, but they will also push you and give the chance to improve your own idea.

    ReplyDelete